The Holy Terror

A possible retreat from goodreads ... though I'm tempted to yell "get off my lawn" at this site's tumblresque-ness. Yes, that's totally a word.

My Best Friend is a Germ - Guillaume Bianco, Antonello Dalena I finally got around to taking some pictures of the inside because I really think this is a super underrated series and seeing the artwork will make you want to check it out more than my review.Remarkably surprised to pick this up in the children's graphic novel section at the library to find such quirky, beautiful, (lots of pink!) and incredibly detailed artwork with a poignant yet hilarious story about divorce, childhood illness, and growing up. It's very cute and cartoony but also considerably well-thought out. Grabbed all four books from the library and I've got my reviews up along with pictures! (Reviews for the last three books: Sam the Repulsive, Grandpa Bug, and The Land of the Walking Stones.)Click on the spoiler and then the image to open up a new page and larger view. These aren't really spoilers, I just don't like to bombard people with images in the feed, but this is a book you really need to see.In person, the pages are way more vibrant and the artwork is just amazing. The story is great too, of course; I wouldn't recommend a graphic novel just because it's pretty to look at. This series really is a gem and I recommend it for all ages!

The Girl at Midnight