The Holy Terror

A possible retreat from goodreads ... though I'm tempted to yell "get off my lawn" at this site's tumblresque-ness. Yes, that's totally a word.

A Kiss at Midnight - Eloisa James Kate: "I'm old and ugly and poor and too skinny. Oh woe is me."Repeats ad nauseum until practically the last page.Gabriel: "I'm a prince but I'm also a man. I'm a man but I'm also a prince. I have responsibilities. Oh woe is me." Repeats ad nauseum until practically the last page.Both: "This is like a fairy tale, but life is not a fairy tale. You're like a prince/princess in a fairy tale, but life is not a fairy tale. If only this were a fairy tale ..."Author's note: "This is very much a fairy tale."Throw in characters I didn't care about, a ridiculously conjured ruse of Kate pretending to be her step-sister for the entire book, "Oh, put a wig on Kate and wax breasts in her dress and none will be the wiser!" and insufferably long dialogue with nothing. ever. happening. and you have a really boring, trope-filled, unimaginative retelling of Cinderella.

The Girl at Midnight