The Holy Terror

A possible retreat from goodreads ... though I'm tempted to yell "get off my lawn" at this site's tumblresque-ness. Yes, that's totally a word.

Naked in Death - J.D. Robb Eh, what can I say that hasn't already been said in over 800 reviews? My thoughts, I suppose. I give it 2.5 Stars - and I only rounded up because the sex scenes were hot.Roarke is too perfect; you can tell he's created by a romance author, but he is sexy, even though he should quit his nasty smoking habit. Gross. I can understand Eve's attraction to him, but not his attraction to her. I figured out who the villain was before Eve, and I don't even read that many mysteries. The futuristic setting already feels dated in some aspects, and ridiculous in others. I don't care about any of the supporting characters, and I find this happens a lot in mysteries since the author seems to make the journey to the "big reveal" more important than character development. Which, I suppose, is an inherent trait of the genre and can be expected to an extent. I also realize that this series is ridiculously long, so she has plenty of time to flesh out her characters, and since it's the first book she might not want to overload the reader with inconsequential info.As long as I can get them from the library, I'll continue with this series. I feel just about the same about this as I do about the Stephanie Plum series, save the fact that Eve isn't anywhere near as stupid and annoying.

The Girl at Midnight