The Holy Terror

A possible retreat from goodreads ... though I'm tempted to yell "get off my lawn" at this site's tumblresque-ness. Yes, that's totally a word.

Toys Go Out - Emily Jenkins, Paul O. Zelinsky This was incredibly boring (sorry, Andy!) and I just didn't fall in love with this story like I did with the Toy Story movies. It lacks all the charm that those movies exude. Maybe that's an unfair comparison, but I felt like this book was trying to capitalize on the popularity of the Pixar films. The story follows a few toys and their day to day lives. Their lives are really boring. They worry about who gets to sleep on the bed with the girl (she has no name, apparently) and who gets to go to the beach. The toys know they're toys, but then, they don't. I can't understand how a plastic ball can have a conversation with a towel. The stingray thinks it's a real stingray and tries to swim in the bathtub, and it also turns on the water by itself somehow. In this story things that aren't toys also have consciousness and it gets to be unbelievable and stupid.I didn't like this book. It was a chore to read and if a friend hadn't recommended it I wouldn't have finished it, even though it's such a short book. I won't bother with the sequel.

The Girl at Midnight