The Holy Terror

A possible retreat from goodreads ... though I'm tempted to yell "get off my lawn" at this site's tumblresque-ness. Yes, that's totally a word.

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making - Ana Juan, Catherynne M. Valente It's hard to express in words just how lovely this book is, well, in my words that is; Valente's words are beyond magical.She certainly did not see Death stand on her tip-toes and blow a kiss after her, a kiss that rushed through all the frosted leaves of the autumnal forest but could not quite catch a child running as fast as she could. As all mothers know, children travel faster than kisses. The speed of kisses is, in fact, what Doctor Fallow would call a cosmic constant. The speed of children has no limits.If you love fantasy or fairy tales, you will fall head-over-heels in love with this book.Reading the last pages gave me the immense pleasure of shivers and goosebumps. This is a truly special book and I hope the majority of my friends read it.The book trailer is also a wonderful thing to check out before and after you finish reading, and it successfully portrays the dark beauty of this book more so than I ever could with just a review.

The Girl at Midnight