The Holy Terror

A possible retreat from goodreads ... though I'm tempted to yell "get off my lawn" at this site's tumblresque-ness. Yes, that's totally a word.

Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid Series #6)

Succubus Revealed - Richelle Mead My four-star rating is more for the series in general, so take that as you will. Succubus Revealed is mostly a two-star book that contains a couple of heart-wrenching four-star scenes with five-star characters whom I've grown to love. I did have some problems with this book, and one of my biggest ones was all of the side trips that were seemingly tied to one another, but were knotted together so haphazardly. Some things got resolved, others didn't. Some side stories made sense and seemed meaningful, while others were throw-aways.Can someone explain to me why they all went bowling? ::scratches head::Even though we were hit over the head constantly with "clue-by-fours," there were still some intricacies that I didn't see coming. You know how it's all going to end, but still ... but still. There are a couple of shockers in the end that I think even the most attentive will be surprised by.Georgina was probably the most likable in this book out of the whole series, and the supporting characters were all fantastic - more so than usual. Carter! Carter. He is such a great character. I want him to have a spin-off, I really do.I'm content with this one and its ending, although I know some people won't be. I always liked Georgina, I never hated Roman or Seth, and I enjoyed watching the story unfold even though I knew where she was taking things. I'm sad to see the series come to an end, but it's satisfying that she gave it a conclusive ending instead of stringing us along for umpteen books, (some would say the previous book was practically filler and unnecessary, but I digress ...)I have a hard time abandoning a series regardless of how I feel, but I think if you even remotely enjoyed the previous books and the characters, you owe it to yourself to see how Georgina's story ends. I can't say you'll be happy with the outcome when all is said and done, but you will be glad it's over.

The Girl at Midnight